The Authentic Space Echo Experience in a Compact Pedal
Introduced in 1974 and produced for over 14 years, the Roland RE-201 Space Echo stands among the most legendary and sought-after effect units in music history. Known for its distinctive rhythmic echo sounds, warm character, and highly playable sonic quirks, this tape-based classic continues to inspire musicians, producers, and audio mixers over four decades on.
With the RE-2, the authentic sound and behavior of the Space Echo is now available in the famous BOSS compact series for the first time. Backed by intensive R&D and our latest innovations, the RE-2 delivers the coveted magic of the RE-201 in a pedalboard-friendly footprint—realized in flawless detail by the company that designed the original.
- Authentic sound and behavior of the legendary Roland RE-201 Space Echo in a BOSS compact pedal
- Classic multi-head tape echo sound with expanded delay time
- Original three-head configuration and 11 different sound combinations
- Vintage RE-201 spring reverb sound with modern stereo operation
- Wow & Flutter control for introducing varying levels of natural tape modulation
- Twist effect with footswitch control
- Select between the unprocessed analog dry signal or the modeled sound of the original Space Echo preamp
- Tap tempo and carryover functions
- True stereo input and output
- Expandable control via external footswitches or an expression pedal
- BOSS five-year warranty